Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"BECAUSE I CAN"

Today was a pretty special day! Each student received a bag full of supplies from the "Because I Can" program.

Here is the note that was inside each bag explaining what this program is...

This is an informal network of people doing and giving for others in the form of a hand sewn backpack filled with various school items. All the items were donated by individuals who support the "Because I Can" slogan. The motto was chosen to honor a man who believed that one could give and do in life as he believed in the words, "because I can". Ryan Bjerklie died on February 19, 2009, at the age of 34 years. He was from Trail, Minnesota. As his family and friends, we carry on his words and do this project every year and donate the items to kids! We welcome and would love any support that you can give us! Thank you!

Renae Marquis & Cheryl Bjerklie

The family that donated these bags to our classroom are near and dear to me. I am life long friends with Ryan's cousin Emily. She was the one that helped our classroom get these wonderful bags. I can't thank them enough for all the hard work they have put into these bags! We put all of our supplies (pencils, folder, notebook, construction paper, ruler, crayons, etc.) into our desks and will be using the bags as book bags. They work PERFECT for our book nooks!!! THANKS AGAIN!

2 comments: