Monday, September 23, 2013

Update from last week!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent mine doing a lot of relaxing because my daughter and I caught a horrible cold. But...we sure did enjoy cuddling and watching movies all weekend. I am finally feeling better so here I am posting about last week!

We did a fun morning greeting where we put one of our shoes into the middle of our circle. Then, the leader started by picking a shoe and greeting the owner of that shoe. Then the owner of the shoe got to pick another shoe and so on. We had a lot of fun with this activity!


Saying "Second Grade Rocks!"

We started our science journals this week. I attended a workshop last year that was put on by the Jeffer's Foundation and I received free science journals for our class! Our focus last week was on plants. We did an activity around the room where we would stamp out different parts of plants and then label them. They turned out MAGNIFICENT! We sure do love using these wonderful science journals!









The entire class worked so hard in math on Friday that they were rewarded by playing Addition Bingo. This was such a great way to practice our addition facts. I hope all of you are practicing these at home!



Ethan won Bingo twice!
Last, but not least we had two students who were honored in our class for completing their reading journals over the summer. They both read over 600 minutes this summer. That is pretty impressive! For their hard work and dedication to reading they each received a book light. Way to go Kaydence and Rylie! Keep up the hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment