Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of School!

WOW! I can't believe our school year has started. Today was such a fun day! I got to meet all of my wonderful second grade students. This year is going to be so much fun with these sweet little kids. We had the best first day and as I am sitting writing this I am getting even more excited for tomorrow. Our day was very busy learning all of our new routines, our schedule, and our new classroom. We are working really hard to make our classroom a friendly zone where we have a great atmosphere to learn. Tomorrow we will be working on STAMINA when we read. I am so excited to see how many minutes we can read without interruptions. 

Enjoy our first day of 2nd grade pictures below!



















Each student received their "JUNGLE GEMS" today! These are positive behavior necklaces that students can earn charms. Each time they reach 5 AR points they get to add a bead to their chain. I also have many secret gems that the students can earn. I can't wait to start giving these out! 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this! Its another task on your long "to do" list I'm sure, but it will be appreciated by many parents (and your students too). Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I am glad you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete